The European Network of Youth Cancer Survivors
1 September 2022 - 31 August 2024
EU-CAYAS-NET aims to build a European Network of Youth Cancer Survivors and to create a knowledge centre and interactive platform for social networking that will empower cancer survivors to advocate for their rights and needs
EU-CAYAS-NET is a European Commission co-funded project that brings together prominent organizations from 18 countries involved in the field of childhood and youth cancer. The project aims to identify and catalog existing resources that provide support to young cancer patients, survivors, and their caregivers. Additionally, it seeks to develop new European guidelines, empower cancer survivors to advocate for their rights and needs, and establish a knowledge center and interactive platform for social networking.
The website http://www.beatcancer.eu/ serves as an interactive and virtual hub, providing a platform for young individuals to seek answers to their questions, connect with like-minded individuals, and most importantly, have an enjoyable experience. It is a secure space that encourages sharing, learning, and personal growth. All individuals affected by childhood, adolescent, and young adult cancer are welcome, including patients, survivors, caregivers, as well as stakeholders from healthcare, research, and policy sectors.
The primary objective is to address three themes that have been identified by young survivors across Europe as crucial for ensuring fair and comprehensive care throughout their lives:
- Quality of Life;
- Adolescent and Young Adult care;
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
Other project outcomes include:
- A position paper on standards for specialist AYA care units;
- Improved equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) along the whole treatment and survivorship trajectory, including an EDI train-the-trainer programme;
- Broad visibility and increased awareness about the Network and our Network activities;
- Psychosocial Follow-up Care Standard and Transition Guidelines
Funding programma & Type of action
Funding Programme : EU4 Health Programme (EU4H)
Type of Action : Project Grant
Grant agreement number : 101056918