Comprehensive Cancer Infrastructures for Europe
1 May 2023 - 30 April 2026
CCI4EU will support Member States (MSs) and Associated Countries (ACs) in improving or developing their existing or future Comprehensive Cancer Infrastructures (CCIs) by developing their research innovation and digital-related capacities and their integration with cancer care.
The CCI4EU effort is in line with the Mission on Cancer’s proposals to reform cancer culture, communication, and capacity building. The goal of this European project is to promote a more equitable exchange of cancer-related knowledge, including prevention, diagnosis, and treatment, among Member States and Associated Countries.
CCI4EU’s main objective is to improve or develop existing or future CCIs. This will be achieved within 3 years, through the following specific objectives:
To finalise a standardised matrix of cancer research/care performance indicators, and a CCI Maturity Model (CCI MM), to be used to analyse the maturity of CCIs across the EU
- To map the maturity of CCIs across all EU MSs according to the agreed matrix of cancer research/care performance indicators; thereby clustering CCIs according to maturity.
- To plan a CB programme tailored to each identified CCI, and further customising tailored interventions (in agreement with the relevant public authorities)
- To identify and coach CB subject experts to deliver the onsite tailored interventions (‘Deep Dives’) and for online lectures and 3 F2F regional conferences.
- To execute the CB programme, covering all EU MSs and ACs at various levels of tailored intervention (all having access to online interventions, and some having onsite interventions according to a co-creation model1, reporting on the impact and recommended sustainable follow-up actions for each CCI site.
- To disseminate and communicate to the relevant stakeholders (i.e., research and healthcare professional, policymakers, citizens including patients, patients’ associations, and informal caregivers) the CB lessons learned and best practices, to further exploit the CB beyond the project.
Funding Programme & Type of Action
Funding Programme : Horizon Europe
Type of Action : Coordination and Support Action (CSA)
Grant agreement number : 101103746